Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Monday, February 11, 2008

V-Day: the perfect gift

Just a moment to note that this is post 900. Damn! And I wasn't sure I'd have anything to say, back in the day.

I've done multi-part Valentine's Day postings before (and I'll be sure to keep you posted in the unlikely event that any of the lads -in-waiting muster up a blog-worthy gift/event), but I couldn't resist posting this from NY Mag's Sex Diaries.*
11:17 a.m.: Momentarily panic when I realize I’m two hours late starting new pack of birth control. Rummage through purse to find crumpled prescription bag from week before. Inside: pill pack, a $20 bill, and a note, “This month’s on me. Love, [Potential BF].” Holy shit. The man just paid for my birth control. Let me repeat that: Holy shit. The man just paid for my birth control.

She's not wrong. This is, in fact, a sweet and thoughtful gesture on the part of the male of the species. If we have to remember, in the middle of our hectic and fabulous lives, to take the damn thing at roughly the same time, and preferably with food, every day, you can at least split it with us. Although - wait, was he going through her purse? Hmmm.

*Let's be clear that this was brought to my attention by a fellow FG. Of course I don't read this column regularly.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • I just read something somewhere about a guy offering to pay for his girlfriend's birth control and I honestly had never thought about it! Of course that also means that no man in my life has ever offered...

    By Blogger BS, at 8:49 PM  

  • As in the health care industry, prevention far less expensive than, in this instance, procreation.

    I'm just saying.

    By Blogger fabulous girl, at 8:58 PM  

  • Post 900! Congrats!

    By Blogger WendyB, at 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home