Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Gordon Ramsey: The Menu

Seven Course Menu Prestige

smoked whitefish cakes, mushroom puff
(pre-amuse bouche)

sunchoke soup with lemon foam
(amuse bouche)

confit foie gras with slow cooked free range chicken,
truffled quail's egg, pear chutney

sauté
ed Maine diver scallops with mixed spices,
cauliflower puré
e and sherry caramel
or
roasted Scottish langoustines with cured salmon,
preserved buddha's hand, fennel cream and togarashi

pan seared black cod with pigs tails, Caraquet oysters,
celeriac and Pé
rigord truffle
(and bacon au jus!)

loin of venison with cocoa butter, brained red cabbage, quark dumplings
(The Scot looooved the dumplings)
or
filet of Brandt beef with braised Kobe short rib, cipollini onions, baby beets

selection of cheeses from the trolley
(Dan, the fromagier, chose five, one each of goat's, stinky, soft, cow's (a divine Gaperon from Augergne) and blue (actually two blues, because he challenged me to determine which Stilton was American and which was English))

apple tarte Tatin for two
(the best tarte Tatin I have ever, ever, ever tasted, and I've made it myself)

espresso and bon bons from the trolley
(nougats and candied honeycomb)

*I'll get you the wines when The Scot gets them to me.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • We started with a lovely Aubry Brut Rosé. With the foie gras, et al, we had (I believe) a St Urbanhof Riesling - absolutely spectacular. I had a Montrachet with the scallops; I believe you had a Soave of some kind but I'm not sure. For the black cod with chopped oysters and pig's tails, they served a Marcillac wine although I'm not sure of the specific Domaine. With the venison, I had the Kunin Syrah '03; I can't for the life of me remember what you had (sorry!). And with the tarte tatin, we had the Oremus Tokaji.

    And the quark dumplings were amazing! :)

    By Blogger Colin, at 10:13 AM  

  • Huzzah!

    Nothing like a public shout-out to get your attention, is there?

    The rest of the foodies-in-paradise weekend will be posted soon.

    By Blogger fabulous girl, at 2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home