Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Conundrum!

I love tulip skirts, and have a fun pair of navy & white shoes that need outfits to go with them, so I was delighted to pick this up from J. Crew this week.

The skirt arrived, along with the most recent catalog, and now I'm just angry. Because they've taken the print and made it into everything. There's a dress - on the cover no less! - a camisole, flip-flops, a tote bag!

Do I take it back? Or hope that a) no one else will have bought it, and b) everyone will have forgotten about it by the time the weather allows it to be worn. Or just sail above the fray because I know it looks great on?

Ack!

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • I'm having the same problem with a BCBG black and white dress in this crazy geometric print that they're now putting on skirts and tops. I love the dress, I'm not giving it up.

    I say keep the skirt and when you wear it, make it your own; think of it as a fashion exercise and get creative. Then, even if the pattern is everywhere, you're take on it is still unique.

    By Blogger BS, at 4:01 PM  

  • Um...FG? If you have the power to edit comments, would you fix my little grammar error in that last sentence? It's killing me. Pretty please?

    By Blogger BS, at 4:35 PM  

  • Apologies, but I think you'll have to delete and re-post it corrected. I don't have the power to edit your comments. Don't worry, we know you have excellent grammar.

    By Blogger fabulous girl, at 8:18 PM  

  • Also, it does look great on, and I'm so keeping it.

    By Blogger fabulous girl, at 11:20 AM  

  • Excellent! I'm thrilled to hear it.

    By Blogger BS, at 12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home