Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Vicarious exercise

My friends are fit, damnit. TK occasionally runs half marathons, regularly runs 5Ks, and bicycles betweeen major West Coast cities with her S.O. The Scottish Cowgirl just returned from hiking the Inca Trail. Midwest Medved bikes to work and finished 66th (out of 653) in an 100 mile bike race yesterday. The Renaissance Man bikes to work, and is a freaking kite-boarder, among other things. BS swims (outside, lucky girl). The Scot plays tennis and soccer every week with the Cookie Monster. Marooned bikes to work, rock climbs, hikes and runs.

There was a time when I attended two spin classes a week and yoga every weekend, but I've slacked off. Reduced to yoga twice a month on average (life gets in the way of a Saturday late morning class sometimes, and I'm picky about my teacher), and a 3-4 mile run once a week. I keep meaning to take it up to twice a week, I really do. The weather is turning, which means back to the treadmill for the weather averse (ahem), and , in light of what's to come, I may do it for the theraputic value alone. I somehow manage not to overthink while running, and that's going to be above rubies in the next 2-3 months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home