Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Friday, September 29, 2006

Come on and let me know ...

"It would indeed be ironic if, in the name of national defense, we would sanction the subversion of one of those liberties which make the defense of our nation worthwhile." - Earl Warren

Yesterday's Senate vote, stripping detainees of their habeus corpus right to challenge their detentions in court, is just one more reason to head for the hills, despite warnings from those around me that citizenship's only going to get harder to obtain, that I should gain access to all the rights I can, and that my progressive vote is sorely needed here. And I'm starting to wonder, what's it really going to take to get me to go? Because if I'm still here now ...

Looking for someone who's expressed your frustrations eloquently? (Thanks, Blue Fairy.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home