Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Sunday, September 24, 2006

It's the little things

  • My hairdresser called me tonight to tell he he's moving to another salon. I don't know if you've had the experience of building a relationship with the wo/man who does your hair, only to call one day to schedule an appointment and learn from a gum-snapping receptionist that s/he left 5 weeks ago for parts unknown, but I have. Twice. Now, I know I was spoilt in my salad days, having had the same hairdresser for the first twentysomething years (for better or for worse), but the last few people who tended my tresses have left me in the lurch, emotionally and otherwise. So, when Juan called tonight, I was ecstatic, and not just because the move brings him but a mile away from my office.
  • As much as I scoff at this town that wants so desperately to be a world class city, it was charming to find myself driving through hometown pride yesterday in the form of a home game for the local university football team. Hordes of people of all ages, dressed in purple and white, walking from all directions towards the stadium, happy in the sunshine. It was sweet and honest and the final piece in a jigsaw puzzle of a lovely fall day.
  • New TV shows - I heart Studio 60, but that shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. Sorkin & Schlamme do it again, and I'll watch Bradley Whitford read the dictionary. I may even start liking Amanda Peet. But someone needs to tell Timothy Busfield that he's better off with a beard. Seriously. I picked up House in re-runs this summer, so that's an option on Tuesdays. I test drove Brothers & Sisters tonight, which was just fine. Other than that, I'm pretty much sticking with the regular line-up.
  • Bill Clinton was everywhere this week, which was totally fine with me. On The Daily Show, on Meet the Press, in an extensive profile in The New Yorker, and smacking the hell out of Chris Wallace on Fox News. What a man, what a man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home