Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Shuesday: Print-astic

I know, I know, J. Crew shoes are a) overpriced and b) have fit issues. But I really like this fun pattern. Besides, they have a covered, 3 1/2 inch heel, fun suede bow and peep toes. What more could a girl ask for? Plus, it's a print shoe for fall/winter that isn't the animal print everyone else is wearing.

And there's more!

So pleased to introduce you to Weekly Baggage, a feature from my dear e-friend Busty Satan (apparently we were separated at birth - sadface!) But TK brought us back together (virtually, anyway), and at the moment, we're even in the same time zone. She was concerned that my shoes were bagless and alone, so she's stepping into the breach on Thursdays. I can hardly wait!

2 Comments:

  • Love the shoes and feel honored by the linkage.

    I must ask: what thinkest thou of the super-skinny model ban?

    By Blogger BS, at 12:32 AM  

  • The honour is all mine.

    Hmm. Banning super skinny models from one major fashion week seems like una gota en el cubo when it comes to addressing issues of self image and eating disorders worldwide. The media seized on it, and now we're all talking about it, which heightens awareness. This is definitely a good thing, especially when it comes to conditions people tend to hide from their families & friends,as it creates the opportunity for a serious conversation.

    My understanding is that haute couture is neither designed for nor meant to be worn by the masses (where the masses are anyone under 5 foot 8 and over 120 pounds), but I suspect that's a point that's lost on anyone who doesn't understand that high fashion is art. (My recent addiction to Project Runway raises an inconsequential concern about designers having to adjust clothes at the last minute to fit /healthy/ models, but that's really just me being frivolous.)

    By Blogger fabulous girl, at 11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home