Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Eating habits

At 5:15 last night I realized I'd be at work for at least another 90 minutes, and was craving ... something, so I headed out to Red Bowls, determined to have something healthy for my very early dinner. You can't go wrong with raw fish, brown rice and steamed vegetables.

Alas, they closed much earlier than advertised (I was surprised to read they were open until 6:30 in the graveyard this city becomes after work, but who knows?). And so I went to the Drug-&-so-much-more-store. Where I found the nectar of the gods, and halloween candy on pre-sale. Kale (who is fantastic about checking in to see if I want anything en route to our local coffee spot*) has been harassing me for letting the chocolate cupboard run dry, so I caved. Walked out with Kisses, peanut butter cups and Red Vines, along with the aforementioned nectar. The good news is that, while I have zero self-control when it comes to shopping, once purchased, I can work these tiny bags of candy for weeks. Weeks!

* Which reminds me - favourite quote from Ali:

I am searching for the moment that
I am so intoxicated with love
that if you offered me another cup,
I could not take it.


1 Comments:

  • Once upon a time my doctor admitted that she occasionally has ice cream for dinner. As far as I'm concerned, it's not a great leap to consider that a full-fledged endorsement from the American Medical Association.

    Incidentally, your self-control is mighty impressive.

    By Blogger BS, at 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home