Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Friday, September 29, 2006

The day the music died

The Internet disappeared last night at 9:30.

I was just sitting there, TV on, computer open, sewing the seams on a sweater I knit for my nephew, minding my own business, and the refresh function ceased to work. Firefox couldn't find ... well, anything. I restarted the computer, unplugged and replugged various cords, pressed little buttons on the cable/broadband box, to no avail. I even called my friends in the immediate area (all of whom have lives and were therefore not available) to see if it was just me.

Once I realized there was nothing I could do, I just sat there for a moment. And seriously considered just going to bed. Which indicates that what I really need is an internet vacation. A new book arrived today, so perhaps I'll take advantage and spend some time off line in the next few weeks.

2 Comments:

  • And here I am dreaming of a real vacation. The latest adventure I seem to be overwhelmed with is cycling the Carretera Austral in Chile. 1,300kms of remote landscape passing under self-powered wheels sounds too good to pass up. Planning begins.

    By Blogger camarooned, at 1:38 PM  

  • If Busty Satan is impressed with my self control vis a vis food, I am impressed with your athletic vacation ambition. Damn!

    By Blogger fabulous girl, at 3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home