Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Shuesday: The Second Deadly Sin

So Midwest Medved was strolling through the mall, ostensibly on his way to purchase shorts for his 5 year old, and low and behold, he accidentally stumbled into the men's shoe department at Neiman Marcus and suddenly became the proud owner of a pair of Ferragamo loafers. The Grinch, the Wicked Witch of the West, and the Great Gazoo had nothing on me colour-wise.

Ladies, I realize this isn't going to do anything for you (other than to make you wonder where you can find a guy with such great taste in shoes), but the fact that I actually know someone who owns a pair of shoes in this particular plane is very, very empowering. By which I mean it raises the upper limit of what I'm willing to pay for a pair. He claims they're comfortable enough to run in - of course one would never subject them to such treatment - which is not something I'd be prepared to say of ... almost any of my shoes, owned or coveted.

6 Comments:

  • For the record, I'm getting a ton of off-the-record comments about these shoes (which is better than getting comments about my friends). Step up, people!

    By Blogger fabulous girl, at 10:35 AM  

  • I'm just saying...yeah, they're nice, but for that money, you could join the KEXP 500 Club (AND you're donating to a good cause!) AND buy a ton of cds.

    By Blogger UW Nutrition, at 11:41 PM  

  • Maybe you're already making charitable donations (starving children, civil liberties, etc.), and your CD collection's in good shape. Any reason you shouldn't also be well-shod?

    By Blogger fabulous girl, at 8:06 AM  

  • Not at all - that's just the reason *I* won't be buying $700 shoes.

    By Blogger UW Nutrition, at 8:33 AM  

  • Just to clarify, I don't have a free $700 to spend on anything, so this is all wishful thinking/jealousy on my part! :)

    By Blogger UW Nutrition, at 8:34 AM  

  • Me neither, especially after my March vet bill. Damn cat.

    By Blogger fabulous girl, at 10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home