Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Monday, June 12, 2006

Read the label

There's a fun Greek restaurant in town with a house martini that includes feta-stuffed olives. I like mine dirty, so I partook and was pleasantly surprised. And when I ran out of martini olives chez moi, and happened to see feta-stuffed olives at the store, I thought, Perfect!

Later that night, I popped two in the bottom of a chilled glass, acknowledged the vermouth and poured the icy nectar of the gods from the shaker over the olives. And that's when I saw them. Little pools of oil, like mercury, floating on the surface of my beautifully chilled gin. The olives, you see, came in oil, not olive juice, and if I'd spent a moment looking at the label, where it's clearly written, I'd have put them back on the shelf.

And now, what to do with them? Can they be rinsed, or patted dry before involving them with the other martini ingredients? Tonight I added them to Trivial Kate's lavosh pizza (where they're performing well), but I ask you! Does a girl have to stuff her own olives around here?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home