Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Under the knife

(If it weren't melodramatic, how would you know it was me?)

Because it's important to do things right, and because I've done lots of things first, I unconsciously elected to be the last of my peers to have my wisdom teeth out. Today. All four at once. First time under general anesthetic since age 5 (tonsils & adenoids). Peers have been equal parts supportive and derisive, and often both at once. Those of you who were truly empathetic know who you are. I'm less wise going forward, we'll know they were properly named. I'm apparently being driven home by two men in costumes and wigs - as long as they bring the milkshake and a spoon, I'll probably be beyond caring. See you on the other side.

5 Comments:

  • It definitely ruined milkshakes for me for about 6 months.

    By Blogger Teman, at 4:45 PM  

  • I hope the removal went well. Presently crossing my fingers for a wisdom tooth extraction as easy as mine.

    If not, then lay low, sip slow (no hot bevvies!), and give Sebastian some good loving.

    By Blogger camarooned, at 10:06 AM  

  • The removal did go well, thank you - 45 minutes, I don't remember a thing, and if there's swelling or bruising, it is yet to come. Still, laying low, eating ridiculous amounts of jello and watching the Food Network. A lot. Sebastian is thrilled to have me at home.

    I'm wondering why it ruined milkshakes for you, Teman. Did you make the straw mistake?

    By Blogger fabulous girl, at 4:38 PM  

  • I think it was a little rougher for me (it sounds like you're on the best-case scenario plan) - 3 or 4 days drinking mostly strawberry milkshakes does put a damper on them for a while.

    I think I didn't have enough variety. Next time I'll do better. ;)

    By Blogger Teman, at 5:00 PM  

  • Aha - that makes sense. Yes, there's been variety here - chocolate pudding, raspberry and strawberry jello, strawberry/banana shakes, and now we're moving into the soup phase.

    By Blogger fabulous girl, at 10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home