Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Saturday, June 10, 2006

No one can find the rewind button, girl

Two am and she calls me cause I'm still awake ...

Yes, I know it's a song that contains the amount of cheese consumed daily by a small French village. I won't apologize for being a girl. There's a bicoastal effort underfoot to improve my taste in current music. Or at least to expand my options. Although so far, all the bands seem to start with the word The.

There's a hidden epidemic ravishing the country that no one's talking about, and it's anesthesia-lag, the time it takes to recover from surgery beyond the healing of wounds sustained and the dissolving of stitches. Harder to predict than jet-lag, and less common, it sneaks up on one long after care-takers have flown away and swelling is no longer visible to the naked eye. (If only someone cared enough to share, and connect ...).

I hear that staying away from alcohol and getting lots of sleep helps, but I don't think those people know what they're talking about. Although perhaps following their advice would stave off what may become a World Cup watching-habit. The fact that I've never played football (soccer), and therefore have no idea how the rules work doesn't seem to be making a difference so far, but with The Scot's departure, I suspect opportunites to watch will decrease.
But, my God, it's so beautiful, when the boy smiles.

Made someone really laugh this week - I couldn't hear it live, but I could tell - a hard-earned laugh and a real one, from someone who isn't prone. That felt good.

The good news is that the parts of my personality with addictive tendencies appear not to be interested in pain medication. Which is not to say that I'm going to have any left when this is all over, but that I haven't had to call for a third prescription. Yet. We'll see how I feel when I get back from my run tomorrow. Yoga would probably be a better way to start exercising again, but today's work & social marathon did not permit. Maybe I'll just lie in bed and practice breathing. Which is really just sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home