Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

What the fuss is all about

I know you think the excitement at this time of year is about a little dude born in a manger somewhere in the Middle East 2000+ years ago, but you're wrong - it's actually all about WendyB, whose birthday is today. Happy Birthday Wendy!

I'm going to celebrate by going shopping at Wendy's jewelry site for her, choosing the gifts I'd buy for her if I had all the money in the world. And if you're still shopping for the holidays, some of her items are 15% off, like the Lady Jane necklace.

Lady Jane was always one of my favourite figures in British history, and if you haven't seen the movie with Cary Elwes and Helena Bonham-Carter (before she got all crazy), it's a must. Anyway, Wendy looks great in red, and this is a beautiful piece.


Then again, as an independent woman, Wendy might prefer the Virginia Woolf Whistle necklace. Although Virginia also met a tragic end, at least it was one of her own choosing, right? Plus it features all that is most cool about Wendy's designs - moving parts, ironic double meanings, and beautiful craftswomanship. And it's one of a kind. What a conversation piece! Run, don't walk.

Of course, if you use your hands when you talk as much as I do, you'll also need a ring. Wendy usually wears 5-6 at a time, and that doesn't count the Swear Rings! The Queen Min ring has always been one of my favourites - beautiful and subtle at the same time. And isn't purple the new black?

For something with more obvious bells and whistles, I should probably also choose one of the poison rings. Named after famously crafty women in history - Nefertiti, Agrippina, Borgia, Livia and Edburga. They're also a lesson in "be careful whom you marry."

Regardless, I hope Wendy has a fantastic birthday today. And feel free to do all your Boxing Day shopping at her site!

All photos from Wendy Brandes.com

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Oh my gosh, I'm overwhelmed...this is so sweet of you.

    By Blogger WendyB, at 9:45 AM  

  • Hear, hear! I think Wendy would want the Woolf whistle. It's perfection in a pendant!

    By Blogger K.Line, at 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home