Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Monday, December 14, 2009

Best of 2009: Catch-up

The FG is a little late getting on this particular bandwagon, but I know you'll forgive me. It comes from Gwen Bell, via BS. Bear with my whilst I catch up (and skip a few - best article? I can't possible choose). Here are the first five:

Best trip: Tough choice - the March weekend in Caracas was amazing, and not only because I finally made it to South America. But the two weeks in Scotland in July were gorgeous, especially the drive around the north.

Best restaurant moment: Again, I'm ignoring the formula and picking two - Le Bernardin and the Three Chimneys. Make that three - the Canadian wine tasting at Hearth was fun and delicious.

Best book: Sadly, I'm going to have to go with The New Yorker here. I've been terrible about reading books this year, again, and the ones I have read don't qualify for the best category.

Best night out: I think that would have to be the engagement afternoon/night - all of our NY friends gathered at Bar Veloce for cocktails and merriment, and then we ran off for a quiet dinner together at Hearth. There were also a few fun all night poker sessions, but they don't quite measure up.

Best workshop/conference: Hmmm. Usually this would be a no-brainer, but let's just say that my professional development opportunities were few and far between this year.

And that's all she wrote.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Half the challenge with this thing is posting this frequently!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home