Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Monday, December 07, 2009

Oh the Places You'll Go: London (again)

Apologies for not blogging the first trip, a few weeks ago, but I'll summarize it here: Caught a far too early flight, left bags at the station, brunched at Spitalfields, shopped, went to the Tate Modern, Trafalgar Square and the National Portrait Gallery, caught a rugby game at a pub, and caught the train to Essex for a fantastic cocktail birthday party.

This time, we and had more time in the city proper. So:

Caught a plane in the early evening, took the train in from Standstead, checked in to our hotel just around the corner from St. Paul's Cathedral, and grabbed a late dinner at Yo! Sushi - one of the places where the sushi goes round and round past the diners. I also ordered the Spicy Seafood Udon, which was fantastic. Hit the hay early in preparation for a busy Friday.



I got up early, for me, (which was a good thing, because Blackfriars Station is closed until 2012). Anyway, I made it to The Dress Shop in Belgravia and tried on The Dress (again). Then it was back across to The City to meet with a recruiter near the Lloyds of London building. Lunched at Mother Mash - how could I skip pie in London? - and then hopped back on the Tube to Mayfair, via Oxford Street. I was then right on time to meet Mme. Connected for tea at the Connaught Hotel. There was a live harpist in the tea room - it was /something/.

Back to the hotel to switch from my suit into something more comfortable, and off to a pub to meet the Finance Posse for a little more beer than was absolutely necessary, and then to a curry in Brick Lane at Nazrul. Not the best curry I've had in the UK - so far those have been at Indian Calvalry Club and The Raj (both in EDI), but I'm optimistic. Our fellow diners were more inebriated and raucous than we - I'm talking singing at the top of their lungs at 11:30 pm in a crowded restaurant - but we enjoyed ourselves all the same.

Saturday morning we hit Selfridges - we behaved ourselves quite well - and then walked down Bond Street - away from the mad, mad shoppers - for a family lunch. Then a quick trip to the V&A to see the fashion exhibit before we dashed back to the train station (missing the train we really needed to catch) and flew through security, fortunately catching our QueasyJet home.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • Those sushi places scare me. THE PRESSURE OF TRYING TO CATCH MY DINNER! I can't take it!

    By Blogger WendyB, at 5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home