Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Best of 2009: Catch-up 2

Since this is clearly a once every 10 days event, I'm going to skip around a bit.

Moment of Peace: There have been several, and it's hard to remember them all at this point. Given the year I've had, it's good to know I can recall more than one. Sitting on the dock in the warm early September sun with a book and a beer and a boy. The quiet of my empty, perfectly cleaned apartment in late October on the last day I still had the keys. Those moments where you are the only one awake on the airplane - even surrounded my people, peace can be found.

Challenge: It has to be getting myself out of another challenging workplace with my head held high. And I had LOADS of help and support from friends and family. Thank you!

Album of the Year: I mean, hello, the Glee soundtrack.

Best Place: Previously mentioned dock. The Isle of Skye. Bar Veloce. My apartment on TV night, with friends and cheap Indian food.

New food: Arepas and ramen. Which means Caracas, Ippudo and Wagamama.

Change you made to the place you live: Can I get back to you on that once I have my London flat? 'Cause I've definitely changed the place I live, like, by an ocean, but I'm not in the new place yet.

Rush: Best rush of the year? My surprise engagement party.

Best packaging: My engagement ring came in the most beautiful purple box from Hamilton & Inches. Yes, I'm biased.

Tea of the year: Lady Grey. (This list is clearly by girls for girls.)



Word/phrase of the year: Hod yer wheesht.

Shopping: J. Crew got a lot of my hard earned cash this year, I must say, as did Francis. Next year will obviously be the year of THE DRESS.

Car ride: The 5 days driving around the north of Scotland were amazing.

OK, enough for today. Enjoy! And finish wrapping your presents already!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home