Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Monday, October 05, 2009

Damn she's good III: Ms. London, if you please

There's been a little more TV in my life of late (it's like cramming before an exam, or a last pint of ice cream before a diet), and among the gems is What Not to Wear. And NY mag has a little Q&A with our Ms. London.

Selections:

Who's your favorite New Yorker, living or dead, real or fictional?
Auntie Mame. Would KILL for that apartment.

What's the best meal you've eaten in New York?
The tasting menu at Per Se, the devils on horseback at Freemans, monkey bread at Monkey Bar, Paella Magdelena and banana-nut bread pudding at Blue Ribbon Brooklyn.

How much is too much to spend on a haircut?
There is no price too high as long as the cut is great.

What makes someone a New Yorker?
Being able to navigate subway grates in heels.
For me, the deal with the subway grates is to avoid them at all costs. The metal trap doors in the sidewalks too. It has recently occurred to me that I may be complicating sidewalk traffic with the manoeuvring this requires ... but I don't really care. And I can do it if I have to.

NY Mag

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home