Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Sunday, October 04, 2009

The other shoe drops: the Eglu makes the New Yorker

I know it takes a while for a fad to turn into a New Yorker article, but I think you'll love this article by Susan Orlean on the Eglu anyway:
On a Venn diagram plotting the interest in chicken ownership and circumstance related to age, gender, acreage, appetite, and aesthetic tolerance, I would land in that pitch-dark center where all the sets overlap. Even now, two years into my chicken stewardship, this is a big surprise to me. I am an animal fancier, but fur-bearing has always been my type: I had never wanted a bird.

(...) I ordered a chartreuse Eglu with four red hens. The Eglu came via U.P.S.; a few days later, the hens were delivered to the post office. "You have a package here," the postal clerk said when she called, "and it's clucking."

(previously featured in the Boudoir here, and originally brought you you by Daily Candy).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home