Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Shuesday: Skinnamarink - e - minky - mink


You've seen mink here before, and you've also seen this (arguably the NYU version of today's shoe, albeit two years ago) but I think this takes the cake. (I suspect that the standard warning about only ordering 3 pairs in a 30 day period is probably unnecessary when they only come in black and the only size available is 6B - which also means I won't be wearing them at The Blue Fairy's Annual Dinner Party.)

And it's a relief from the t-strap mania we seem to be experiencing this evening shoe season, sometimes even more unfortunately combined with a peep toe. Less, less is always more, for the love of the gods!

And it reminds me of one of my fav New Yorker cartoons, Gucci Gucci Gucci! Love Marisa Acocella Marchetto's work.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • znhI don't share your hatred of the t-straps, but those Pelle Moda things are just awful. Like '80s prom shoes with a touch of Gaultier.

    I have this killer mink capelet (handed down from Grandma), but I fear I'll be stoned if I wear it in San Francisco.

    By Blogger BS, at 11:06 AM  

  • I am of the opinion that inherited fur can be worn without shame - what else are you going to do with it? And it does get chilly in SF ...

    And I'd like to see the person willing to take you on regarding a fashion choice.

    By Blogger fabulous girl, at 12:15 PM  

  • hey thanks for the shout out, fabulous girl!
    love your website!
    tanti baci,
    marisa

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:45 PM  

  • You are too kind. Or maybe I'm just scary.

    If you're willing to endorse the wearing of inherited fur, then it must be OK. Thanks, you just gave me my topper for an upcoming cocktail party!

    By Blogger BS, at 3:42 PM  

  • I love that cartoon :-)

    By Blogger WendyB, at 9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home