Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Oh the Places You'll Go: Seattle, again

I know, I've already been to the Emerald City this year, but who could miss the event of the season?! I flew in on Hallowe'en, natch, moved into the Andra, and met up with The Flapper, The Fisherman, a former intern, and Our Lord & Saviour. I kid you not, he walked into Purple dressed as Jesus. As always, He made quite an impression. After a couple of appetizers and a glass or two of red wine, we headed up the hill to Chez Gaudy for more of the same, along with new friends in fun/witty costumes.

The next evening involved a working dinner at Brasa that was disappointing to say the least. Fortunately, I had Second Dinners to attend at Quinn's, the new gastro-pub from the people who brought us Zoe. And Quinn's is next to Caffé Vita, so I picked up some beans for myself and for a colleague who's never had real Seattle coffee (but has listened to me missing it for the past year). The friends were plentiful for Trivial Kate's b-day, the drinks promptly delivered and well made, and the waiter just the right combination of saucy and professional, if that makes any sense. The following night, we met at The Scot's house for pizza and Bollywood! Yes, you've been missing out, and no, Bride and Prejudice doesn't count. So good to see so many of those who remain in the Emerald City (for now).

The event was on Saturday night, and it was fantabulous, as predicted. I wore a new dress, which reminded me that it's OK not to be over-dressed, especially on the Left Coast. And, ladies, a reminder - there is never, ever an occasion not to wear black. And the best part was that after the dinner and the awards, a group of women under 35 gathered in the hotel bar to listen to Helen Thomas hold forth. She was gracious, intelligent and delightful. I spent the rest of the trip with the out-laws, which was lovely, as always.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home