Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Insomnia

There's a lot of The Big Bad in this world - Chernobyl, ongoing genocide in Darfur, indefinite detention and torture of prisoners by US soldiers, random bombings, to name a very few. And we are definitely aware of and concerned about these issues, and we therefore spend our work days fighting against The Big Bad. It's not the most we could do, but it's something.

And then there's The Little Bad, like last night's insomnia. Went to bed later than I should, as usual, and then awoke around 3:30 and tossed for 3-4 hours, heading back into ZZZ-land just when I had to get up. Blek.

It wasn't because we tanked at trivia (divide and conquer indeed!). It might have been the nose-dive I took into G&T season or the mass quantities of salty foods consumed in a few short hours. I know that staying up to watch 'The Word'-that-never-was on Colbert was a last-minute contributing factor. Also, the cat seems to have realized that he can get attention from me in the wee small hours if he's really persistent. There was coughing, but we refuse to countenance the return of the b-word. And then there's the general stress of pending wisdom tooth surgery, coinciding with a visit from the Fabulous Mom, and one or two other things that are completely out of my control, but that I don't seem to be able to put out of my mind.

Tonight, be it resolved that there will be exercise, dinner will be healthy, the beverages moderate, the house quiet, and the cat ignored. I don't have to come out of my cocoon just because it's spring, damnit.

2 Comments:

  • It may not ease your anxiety and/or it may not be your style, but 2 Valium pre-op made the extraction of my wisdom teeth (4, all impacted) completely painless. Of course I lost 2 days of my life to a drug-induced oblivion, but I found the trade-off to me more than fair.

    By Blogger BS, at 8:40 PM  

  • Sounds good to me. Is it legal to mail Valium coast-to-coast?

    Now I'm definitely going to be deported.

    By Blogger fabulous girl, at 10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home