Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Monday, January 30, 2006

SAG you, SAG me

My overall impression of the SAGS was one of purple and lavender dresses (see Felicity, Eva, Ziyi, & Marcia) and then black & white (see Reese, Sandra Oh, Michelle, Hilary, Mariska, Charlize, Amy Adams, Anne Hathawa, Geena & Jennifer Esposito). And then there were some random dresses, Nicollette in spring green and Angela in melon.

I'm struggling to comment and I think it's because none of them really grabbed me. I didn't like Hilary's dress - what was that flower thing on her left breast?, but Charlize looked gorgeous in simple black with a beautiful blonde ponytail and golden skin. The awards weren't much of a surprise, unless you didn't watch the Globes - clearly Brokeback Mountain is a major contender for direction, but not for acting, which may have as much to do with the actors themselves as with the performances. This seems to be the year of the Reese, which doesn't bother me at all, but means I'm going to have to go out and see the movie asap, and if PSH doesn't win for Capote, my jaw may have to be wired shut the following morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home