Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Friday, December 16, 2005

Wanted: A Fairy

An Accessories Fairy, to be exact.

Let me explain. Although I am considered responsible and capable by most who know me, I'm just overwhelmed by the number of accessories this season's weather has forced me to keep on my person at all times.

My sunglasses are generally with me when there's the least chance of sun, and those are easily dealt with. But the weather of late has forced me to add a scarf, gloves and, often, a hat as well. Yes, it's been just that cold, and, in my defense, I have not been the only one so attired.

Accessories herding isn't much of an issue on arrival at work or to one's vehicle - that's what back-seats and hooks are for. It's more about clubs, restaurants, bars, coffee spots, etc. Coat pockets are limited in size, if they exist at all, and filling them with bulky gloves and hats distorts one's silhouette in a most unflattering manner. Unless one is over 50, presumably one's handbag is also minute. Where are we to store these items in a public place? If you're anything like me - ie: doing more than one thing at once - the result is lost items. In the past two weeks, I have lost one hat, left a pashmina at a friend's house in the Rose City, and dropped the same glove three times.

I just want someone to hand these items to who will make them disappear until it's time to go. Is that so wrong?

Note: former bag wallahs may apply, but the requirements of the position are far more magical and the temperatures vastly different than previous engagements.

5 Comments:

  • Oh, I loooooove hats.

    And when I'm sitting down in a bar/restaurant/etc. (ie, without coat on), I put my gloves inside my hat and then my hat inside my coat sleeve. Sometimes I put my scarf in the other coat sleeve. But yeah, if you're standing with your coat on, I don't know what to do about that.

    By Blogger UW Nutrition, at 10:00 PM  

  • Are you volunteering to be my AF? Cause that post sounds like volunteering ... or maybe you've been listening to too much Coldplay and are trying to 'Fix' me? And things fall out of sleeves, damnit.

    By Blogger fabulous girl, at 10:15 PM  

  • What's the going rate & benefits package for an AF?

    Also, glad to see you made it safely...

    By Blogger Colin, at 11:18 PM  

  • LOL! Why don't you work up a proposal and I'll have my people give you a call?

    By Blogger fabulous girl, at 10:52 AM  

  • "Stuff it in your coat sleeves" is tried and true, just make sure to wedge well enough so it doesn't drop out the wrist. Also, since you are asking about accessories, the little bags are on the way out. In fact, they are too small scale-wise with any warm winter coat. Big bags and purses are in, especially for the under 50 crowd! Don't cram too much regular stuff in the oversize bag, and you will have plenty of room for scarves, gloves, etc all winter.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home