Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Thursday, December 08, 2005

And then there are the days

when your inner fabulousness is curiously untappable. Sigh.

When you're raised in uniform, what to wear can be a momentous daily decision, even as an adult with a decent wardrobe, and it occasionally goes awry. Today, I decided to wear flats, and accidentally tumbled into an accessories faux-pas. I don't actually have many pairs of flats, so I chose the wine-colored loafers. Which would be fine if I hadn't felt sorry for my green purse again and hurridly grabbed it on my way out into the cold and the sunshine.

Combined with my new winter-white angora cloche (that's snow if you're the Young Activist, or otherwise J.Crew colour-influenced), it's a little red white and green. (Which is better than red, white and blue, but I digress.) Everything else is grey, and I can't decide if that just makes the holiday-esque accessories stand out more. The purse may be banished to the gym bag later in the day.

But my new brown boots and the puppy I saw en route to work almost make-up for the angst of mis-accessorization. Almost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home