Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Monday, December 12, 2005

If only

I had had Mary-Kate as a role model when I was at university.
"You know, [college] is easier for my sister and that's great, you know? I'm happy that I kind of realized that, okay, I just need to take care of myself right now," she says. "I need to be able to go to yoga and work out and just read scripts and go on auditions, because that's what makes me happy. You know? Like, papers don't really make me happy."

Her handlers insist that this is just a temporary break and that Olsen will return to NYU or, barring that, transfer to a West Coast university. "She's not stepping away from school," says Diane Reichenberger, the new CEO of Dualstar. Reichenberger says Olsen comes to the office twice a week to discuss all the major decisions at the company. "You can't put a price tag on that kind of education," Reichenberger says. "There's your M.B.A."

How exactly do you define 'stepping away from school.' Because if I was enrolled at NYU and was living in LA, that's what everyone would call it ... regardless of my hefty two-days-a-week office schedule.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home