Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Today is a day to stay in ... and yet

I found myself weighing the cold and rain against the need for half & half to accompany my coffee. It's about 40 degrees (F) and pouring, so it feels like 30. Decided to settle for warmed milk in my coffee and then discovered that I was also sans coffee beans. So out I went, and had one of my favourite fashion police moments. When it rains, inhabitants of this city fall almost equally into one of two categories; Practical Goretexers and Impervious Fashionistas. The PGs don their Nikwaxed hiking boots, freshly scotchguarded raincoats & pants, and Outdoor Research rain hats and head out to run basic errands garbed for a typhoon. The IFs dress for a typical July day - sandals with heels, short skirts, strappy camisoles with a cardigan thrown over their shoulders and "beach hair". Both look ridiculous. Can't we compromise here? How about stiletto boots, jeans, a fitted coat and an umbrella? Come on ladies, relax a little. You don't have to scream "high-maintenance" all the time.

2 Comments:

  • Hunny...

    Whatever the weather....the half & half and beans are a must! High Maintenance is a good thing. Don't let anyone tell you anything other! I kind of like the HM edge that I have.

    C

    By Blogger Christie E. Little, at 2:15 PM  

  • sssh, I know, but for the sake of the shoes ...!

    By Blogger fabulous girl, at 7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home