Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Saturday, October 24, 2009

When in doubt


At a sample sale, it's always better to buy first, and answer questions later.

Madame Royale
This royal fleur-de-lis represents Marie-Thérèse Charlotte, the eldest child of Marie Antoinette and Louis XVI, who was known by the honorific "Madame Royale." She was imprisoned from the time of the French Revolution in 1789 till the end of the Reign of Terror in 1794, and was the only member of her immediate family to survive.

My first WendyB piece! And I love that it's dedicated to a survivor. If my mother's taught me anything (and she's taught me a lot), it's the importance of survival. Which will help with the gray skies of Edinburgh to come.

Also, I have a serious susceptibility to fleur de lis. Just saying.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • The fleur de lis is one of my fave symbols too. And how awesome to own a WendyB original. You will treasure it for many years!

    By Blogger K.Line, at 9:07 AM  

  • I was so glad to see you! Enjoy the necklace. Looking forward to seeing you Monday but am traumatized that your time in NYC is nearly up! Augh!

    By Blogger WendyB, at 10:50 AM  

  • Lucky lady! Wendy's pieces are so glam and that is one of my favs!

    By Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin, at 2:48 PM  

  • I am hoping that the necklace will help with the trauma of leaving!

    By Blogger fabulous girl, at 6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home