Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Monday, August 10, 2009

If you've never been to you ...

There's probably a reason, but Charlene has a warning for you, and it sounds like this ...

"Please lady, please, lady, don't just walk away
Cause I have this need to tell you why I'm all alone today (...)
I moved like Harlow in Monte Carlo and showed 'em what I've got
I've been undressed by kings,
And I've seen some things that a woman ain't supposed to see
I've been to paradise, But I've never been to me"

(Spoken) - I kid you not:
"Hey, you know what paradise is? It's a lie. A fantasy we create about people and places as we'd like them to be. But you know what truth is? It's that little baby you're holding,And it's that man you fought with this morning, The same one you're going to make love with tonight. That's truth, that's love."

And back to the song ...

"Sometimes I've been to crying for unborn children, That might have made me complete
But I, I took the sweet life, And never knew I'd be bitter from the sweet
I spent my life exploring the subtle whoring, That cost too much to be free"

I mean, really?

I bet her hair wouldn't look that perfectly feathered if she was tending to a husband and a baby of four like a proper "discontented mother and a regimented wife".

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home