Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Monday, July 27, 2009

Must Haves: When is a bad influence a good one?

Wendy Wendy Wendy!

Of course it would take a real-life outing with one of my most prolific blogging friends to get me back into the blogging groove - thanks for your patience, all.*

WendyB invited me to a sample sale at the darling Soho studio of the fabulous designer Christian Francis Roth yesterday, and wasn't I just the best shopper there! (I know you're shocked to hear it.)

I've been disappointed with a few items I picked up recently elsewhere, and this afternoon was the final nail in the "these are totally going back" coffin. I've never owned, or even tried on, a one sleeved dress, and now I have two. This one came home with me, and the other is in production (it's black and grey, so it's not exactly suited for summer in NYC.) The one pictured here is navy and white, and makes me feel like a superhero, out for a night on the town. Do you think Wendy would make me Wonder Woman cuffs? Plus, it will force me to address the egregious tan line on my left shoulder.


This one I had seen previously on Ms. Wendy herself, and there was only one left, and it is /so/ adorable ... so even though it needs a little taking in, I grabbed it. And now I have an excuse to visit Wendy's fantastic tailor, Jean!

We ended the afternoon with delicious peach sangria and snacks around the corner at Emporio. (I may have to move to a place where the sangria and Pimm's weather lasts all year. I'm just saying.) When, as predicted, the heavens opened, we giggled and watched the rain from below, perfectly dry under their glass roof.

OK, there are far, far too many exclamation points in this entry. So I will hereby downplay my excitement about already owning fabulous shoes to go with these dresses.



*And, if you're one of the many ladies I know who's about to give birth, please know that I've been knitting instead of blogging. So stop complaining about surviving on Shuesday!

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

  • You know it was a fun time when it inspires Fab Girl to actually BLOG!!! I kid, I kid. Great to see you in person and I can't wait to get all kinds of pictures of you looking glam in your beautiful dresses. You're going to be a most excellent model for Christian. Say hi to Jean for me.

    Also, let's get together more often!

    By Anonymous WendyB, at 8:17 AM  

  • P.S. Those shoes are fierce!

    By Anonymous WendyB, at 8:24 AM  

  • Dont forget to tan the correct arm!

    And Tell Wendyb to make 2 sets of WW cuffs and the hair boomerang thingie. I'm feeling powerful!
    xx

    By Blogger Lisamaree, at 12:24 PM  

  • The zig zag dress is so much fun, isn't it? It's been one of my favourite buys so far this year. I bet you'll look gorgeous in yours!

    By Blogger Lisa, at 12:40 PM  

  • It's definitely incentive to keep me going to the gym! Thanks Wendy!

    By Blogger fabulous girl, at 1:42 PM  

  • It was wonderful meeting you! You make our dresses look so fabulous. Come visit the new studio and we'll make our own sangria!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:52 AM  

  • I'm coming to the studio tonight to pick up the denim trench - Wendy is /definitely/ a bad influence!

    Can't wait to see the new place!

    By Blogger fabulous girl, at 12:35 PM  

  • FabGirl, good for you, you can't let a bargain like that escape! While you're there, tell CFR to make a new belt for the last one so I can be an international woman of casual mystery too!

    By Blogger WendyB, at 12:43 PM  

  • And then we can take a twin photo, in our bow tie dresses and our trench coats! Jean at Ghost Tailor says hi, btw.

    By Blogger fabulous girl, at 12:50 PM  

  • That's a double-twin photo! Hope you enjoyed your experience with Jean -- she's the BEST.

    By Blogger WendyB, at 2:01 PM  

  • You looked so badass in your dresses. Enjoy them :)

    By Blogger Dream Sequins, at 9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home