Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Friday, June 19, 2009

Self preservation

I take care of myself. Daily sunscreen, gym visits 2-3 times a week, relatively healthy consumption of food and alcohol, and no smoking. Occasional facials and other spa treatments, dips into wacky products that promise far more than they deliver - we've all done it.

But I can't imagine even wanting to look like this at 85:

(...) Ms. Vanderbilt could easily pass for 25 years younger. She still has the high cheeks and the wide, stretchy smile she flashed back in the ’80s, when she was selling jeans on television. She has a Brahminish, boarding-school accent but a down-to-earth steely determination. On days when she doesn’t write she paints or makes collages and Joseph Cornell-like “dream boxes,” some of which have been featured in literary magazines.

“I’m always in love, that’s one of my secrets,” she said recently, sitting in the living room of her apartment on Beekman Place. “I’m determined to be the best I can be for as long as I can, and when I’m not, I have my plans. I walk a lot and watch my diet. That’s the key of it. I’ve always had a lot of energy.”

Love is the answer to looking 25 years younger than you do? 'Cause there's nothing teen age-ish about my smile lines ...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home