Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Summer drinks: Part 1


So what if it's in the low 70's and raining? There are summer cocktails to be had, and I've just whipped up at new one.

New to me, at least. I can't help it if others have made it elsewhere at the very same time. Aren't we glad we're not scientists, competing to publish?

And really, as much as we love it, we can't drink Pimm's all the time ...

FG Lillecuke*
  1. Cut two thin slices cucumber, place in martini glass, freeze.
  2. Cut three thick slices cucumber, quarter, and add to the bottom of a chilled shaker.
  3. Add ice, a liberal splash of Lillet, and enough Hendrick's Gin to make one martini.
  4. Shake.
  5. Remove martini glass from freezer, pour drink over cucumber slices.
  6. Serve.


* (I am completely open to other, better, names for this. In fact, please, for the love of god ...)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • I was just playing around with new cocktail ideas last night, but your sounds much more successful.

    My roommate made me cucumber-infused vodka (I dislike gin) and ginger simple syrup which I muddled with fresh basil from my CSA share.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:49 AM  

  • Love Pimm's :-)

    By Anonymous WendyB, at 11:03 AM  

  • Ooh, ginger. delish!

    I wonder if mint would have been better than basil ...

    By Blogger fabulous girl, at 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home