Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Friday, May 22, 2009

FG of the Month: Carine Roitfeld


Not to be outdone by Anna Wintour's 60 Minutes treatment, her French counterpart, Carine Roitfeld, had London's Guardian over to her office for a chat.

Listening to Carine Roitfeld talk is like having Chanel No 5 eau de parfum dripped, very slowly, into your ear. If it were possible to bottle that accent, it would surely be found to contain the very DNA of sexy-French-womanliness. Her thickly Gallic delivery is cartoonishly seductive, but the kittenishness is spiked by the low, Gauloise huskiness of her timbre. The combination is a heady cocktail of sharp and sweet, like the salted rim of a Margarita.

Wow. The British will really enver get over their fascination with the French, will they?

This, however, is delish. On rumours that she was asked to replace La Wintour:

...I think it's really not me. I'm good at what I do here and I'm not sure if you put me in that world I would be as good. I think it's much easier to talk to 100,000 women than millions of women across America.

And from the actual article:
she walks into her office six floors above the Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré in fresh-off-the-catwalk python boots, swinging a curtain of chic glossy dark hair, with thoroughbred-skinny legs and expensive-looking white teeth

NY Mag

The Guardian

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home