Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Mac of the Month Club


When I was a little girl (and I think to this day, actually), my mother traded books with a group of 12 women over the course of each year. They met in December to choose books for the next year, and then, during the first week of the month, a new book would arrive in her mailbox. I may also recall this distinctly because I was often the one popping out of the car to drop her finished book into someone else's mailbox - somehow it was always mid-winter when I had to make my way up the snow-covered walkways. But I digress.

There areall kinds of "of the month" clubs - wine, pie, hot sauce, microbrew beer, even bacon (yes, bacon) - but the one I want is mac and cheese of the month. I'm not sure about the pumpkin and turkey sausage version, but different strokes. Plus, the groundhog saw his shadow, so I'm sure winter's coming back with a vengeance.

Of course, it won't be as good as mine ... but I also won't have to make it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • I'm obsessed with this one:

    http://www.marthastewart.com/article/perfect-macaroni-and-cheese

    Work Friend's cousin created it while working for Martha and I beg Work Friend to make it all the time. We may need to have a mac and cheese taste test party the next time you come out this way.

    By Blogger BS, at 1:20 PM  

  • Speaking of which, there shall be email forthcoming.

    By Blogger fabulous girl, at 7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home