Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Friday, July 04, 2008

Pause redux

In my previous life in the camping world, I had an annual laryngitis episode in early June. The spring season ramped up through April and May just as we were getting ready for the intensity of summer, and when I'm stressed I don't eat, and that's a recipe for The Sick.

Fast forward to last week ... and into this week, and I can't remember what I usually do to keep the speechlessness confined to a day or three. There's a lot going on at work, and I've been in a series of meetings and phone calls of late that require me to talk for an hour at a time. I know that movie-theatre air conditioning can't help, but this seems to be lingering longer than necessary.

So it's probably for the best I'm not winging my way to a vacation location, camping upstate, or hosting tourists this holiday weekend. I'm curled up on the couch, windows open to the thankfully cool breezes, sipping tea and watching awful television.

Not exactly fabulous, but probably for the best. And there are plans to see movies and the friends who are in town in quieter ways. Which is good, because next week is going to be big.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • I hear you on needing a quiet day to aid recovery!

    If you need an online break from TV, Sahar sent me this great resource:
    http://shopittome.com/

    Feel better!

    By Blogger Rainster, at 9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home