Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Friday, July 11, 2008

Looong weekend: Part 2

Where to begin?

Ah yes. Saturday night. The LPI and his brother from El Paso orchestrated a trip to Jazz Standard for an evening with Jon Hendricks. I have to say that there's a magic in going to an event under-informed. I had no idea what I was in for, and it was truly extraordinary. Hendricks was joined by his daughter Aria and Kevin Burke, along with an excellent four piece band, and we had a wonderful evening of (overpriced) BBQ and jazz. We could hardly let the gentleman go.

On Sunday, I had plans for brunch, with the Artist, the Actor and the (newly-minted) Bartender, at Paradou. Who doesn't love a place with a prix fixe menu and all the champagne cocktails you can drink? As in, five rounds of champagne cocktails. And I'm holding the cocktails, and the Bartender, responsible for the skirt.



No, I didn't get the blouse. But when there's a sale, and you're in the shop itself ...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home