Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Looong weekend: Part 1

I had a lovely, lovely weekend. The goal was vocal chord repair, as I'd lost it again completely by Thursday afternoon, and I'm now almost back at 100%

Friday I spent mostly on the couch, watching a What Not to Wear marathon. I should note that this is not reality TV that makes me feel better about myself, it's the equivalent of reading a fashion magazine. Stacy and Clinton put things together that I'd never think of, and they do things with accessories that I find inspiring, especially necklaces. I met The Actor and The Artist for a screening of Wall-E. It was sweet, and good long-weekend viewing. I headed back home for more R&R, and, due to the rain, watched the fireworks from my balcony, under an umbrella.

Saturday was a sleep-in day, featuring more resting and more fashion foibles. Having saved up a lot of energy, I met T-Izzle at DSW - she needed new shoes. The problem with DSW is that I never find anything there when I'm shopping solo, and always find fantastic shoes when I've got a friend. I'm saving them for the next Shuesday, but they're awesome. And then we went to see Hancock. I can't recommend it. I suspect that the pitch was great, and the execution bungled.

That evening, I went to Jazz Standard. That - and Sunday - are a separate post.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home