Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Monday, April 16, 2007

Lessons in Cultural Competency: Weather this

Nor'Easter: is a macro-scale storm whose winds come from the northeast, especially in the coastal areas of the Northeastern United States and Atlantic Canada. More specifically, it describes a low pressure area whose center of rotation is just off the coast and whose leading winds in the left forward quadrant rotate onto land from the northeast. The precipitation pattern is similar to other extratropical storms. They also can cause coastal flooding, coastal erosion and gale force winds.

I haven't seen rain fall this hard since I spent American Thanksgiving weekends on the Oregon coast in a beautiful home with a loft and two stories of windows right on the beach.

I like the sound of falling rain, and, because I didn't have to leave the house on Sunday and had ample DVR'd TV to catch up on, it was more than bearable. I did pull on all my West Coast rain gear and go across the street for eggs so I could make pancakes midday, and then went up the block for a mani-pedicure late in the afternoon. It stopped raining just long enough that I could get home dry. Monday was slightly better, although of course the hardest rain fell while we sought a cab in midtown, and now the city is just cold and overcast.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home