Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Shopping towards springtime

They keep promising that spring will come dancing across the Park and down the island, bringing tulip tree blooms and balmy breezes in her wake.

And yet.

Today the highs are below 50 and it's been pouring for hours.

To be fair, yesterday was lovely - sunny and almost warm. I went to the Metropolitan to see the Tiffany exhibit, the Venice & the Islamic World exhibit (circumventing a particularly loud and obnoxious docent by going to the end of the exhibit and working my way forward in time, on advice of my co-visitor). We sat in the Astor Court, learned about the complex history of its creation, and discussed the differences between the words /contrast/ and /compare/. Then a late sushi lunch, and to Soho and Greenwich Village in search of a stylish and moderately priced computer bag.

May I recommend the fantastic Flight 001? I also found a silk jewelry roll and a three pack of baby Evian spritzers (if you don't know what they're for, don't ask). There were a million other things to buy, but I restrained myself - it gives me an excuse to return. Rambling home, I stopped in at Fresh, Fishs Eddy and ABC Home (ostensibly in search of a bathroom drinking cup), but they all close at 7, so my search was abbreviated. I wandered through Gramercy Park, picking up a bottle of Toasted Head Cab-Sauv, and then home to a delightful dinner, a glass of wine, and a Top Design marathon. Spring will be here eventually, I know. In the meantime, a day like today makes yesterday even sweeter.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home