Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Saturday, March 31, 2007

This American Life

Fresh from the not-so-Windy City (except that it was! it was windy!), and with either a head cold or a case of midwest allergies (not to the midwest, per se, but perhaps to the pollen therein), I spent the day unpacking, walking from the East Village to Chelsea (to return a jute rug and to surprise The Painter at work) in high heeled sandals (summer will be here if I will it so). And then, I came home to take care of my whatever-it-is, and to catch up with my DVR.

I used to listen to TAL all the time, but have lapsed of late - it just wasn't on at a convenient time in my neck of the woods. But when I heard there would be a tv series that I could record and watch whenever I wanted, well, the princess in me started jumping up and down.

And then.

The first story was about urination. In the second tale (mostly about a cloned bull), a man was gored in the groin and required 80 stitches. Even more disturbing was the way his wife giggled while telling Ira Glass about the location of the injury (in greater detail than I've illustrated in the boudoir.

I just thought you should know.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home