Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Friday, April 20, 2007

Hot town

Normal temperatures arrived in The City today, so I wore peep toes and a dress to work today. And smiled all the way there. If I hadn't been on my usual schedule (ie, leaving the house at 10) and wearing new shoes, I might have walked to work.

OK, maybe not. It's four plus miles and I don't think I can take FDR Drive.

There's just something weird about the last day of work before a trip, never mind a six-state tour (I'm ignoring the fact that three of those are layovers - I'll still be in another state). I'm adding two newbies to my map of these United States - Missouri and Texas (never thought I'd get to Texas, but a dash through the Dallas-Ft. Worth airport is probably a good place to start). But I made it out (with the e-files I need saved to my desktop and the papers I need in hand) in time to retrieve my dry cleaning (they broke another button on my trench coat!), stop, drop the heavy stuff at home and roll back to the west side of Washington State Park to meet The Fellow Transplant for mussels, frites and beer at Vol de Nuit.

mmmmmmm. and now I'm packing.

Summer in the City

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home