Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Near ........... Far

So perhaps it's because I was born & spent my formative years in a nation that prides itself on its vast geography, or perhaps it was the 10 years in the wide open spaces of the West, where a drive from Seattle to Portland and back in one day seemed like a great idea (or maybe it's just growing up in the suburbs), but it really doesn't bother me to spend half an hour on public transportation getting somewhere. This is a very useful life skill to hone prior to one's arrival in NYC. Because it takes at least half an hour to get anywhere. And then there are the times it takes twice as long, for no apparent reason.

For reasons I haven't entirely ascertained, it took me over an hour to go from Prospect Park South to Bay Ridge for brunch Sunday morning (after dog walk #1). Slightly less time coming home, and then an hour and a half to New Jersey to see The Game with The Republican and his lovely wife (after dog walk #2). Have I mentioned how cold it is this week? But I survived, and it was worth the trip to see the friends in question.

Grover

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • do you have a dog? (!?!?!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:12 AM  

  • I'm house & pet-sitting for a /bad cat/ named Bruce and the shyest, sweetest Rottweiler you've ever seen, named Molly.

    By Blogger fabulous girl, at 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home