Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Friday, October 20, 2006

Landslide

Can I sail through the changing ocean tides
Can I handle the seasons of my life

Surely I'm entitled to a single moment of st. andre/tete de moins/pont l'eveque at a time like this, right?

Back from the conference in DC, which was a blast, although I hardly left the hotel. Managed to spend a ton of time with the new team, enjoyed several meals with Josh Lyman (who wears fabulous suits and whose wit and sense of humour are thankfully intact), and managed to lose my favourite smoke purple pashmina. I highly recommend Jetblue, btw, although 6 hours of knitting and TV watching at close range in my seat left me a tad jittery once we landed. But hey, another pumpkin hat is almost complete for the next little arrival.

Did round one of the bookshelves last night - very freeing to have the ultimate excuse to get rid of stuff I must say. I'm almost looking forward to reducing my life to a single small U-haul.

Of course, this is Week One of The Seven Weeks that will see me through aforementioned reduction and on the other side of the country. I reserve the right to change my mood, although not the right to change my mind.

4 Comments:

  • which version of "Landslide" are you listening to? If you answer wrong, I'll...um...something.

    By Blogger UW Nutrition, at 12:33 AM  

  • Eventually, TK will be able to enunciate a threat. Jury's out on whether she'd ever bring herself to deliver, but baby steps.

    I own two of the three versions, and prefer the original.

    By Blogger fabulous girl, at 11:18 PM  

  • Damn! That was a cool pashmina!

    By Blogger Rainster, at 12:05 AM  

  • I know! SO cranky. And I have to replace it, because I have a dress and shoes and things that match it ...

    By Blogger fabulous girl, at 12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home