Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Thursday, August 17, 2006

You can take me out of Manhattan

but you can't take me out of my shoes.*

Unless the shoes are borrowed for special purposes. Ahem.

New York was, as always, spectacular. Once I got there, of course. The weather was beautiful, the neighbourhood was tempting, (it's how-stun, baby, how-stun), the Thing went well (wethinks), and we spent a good deal of time afterwards wandering the streets of Brooklyn, the Metropolitan and Union Square (DSW!). The hotel was fantastic - beautiful view, pillows, and the very black goldfish was beautifully complemented by the very white flowers that arrived shortly after I did. Found a lovely sushi place on Broadway, quiet and with excellent sashimi, if slightly poorly timed service. When in doubt, sit at the sushi bar, especially if things are quiet. I startedto think I was getting the hang of the place. That has to be a good thing, right?

I don't really identify with Miranda, but it was the quote that made the most sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home