Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Not Ready to Make Nice

An update, in no particular order:

You can't go home again. Which is to say that you can, but pack your helmet and body armour, and remember how to duck. Bring cocktail recipes if you have a poor memory - not amounts, just combinations.

You can go home to your friends. I spent the weekend with 9 incredible women, some of whom have known me since I was 7, and some I'd just met. There was laughing and cooking and eating and drinking and lying about on a dock on a freshwater lake in a bathing suit and it was heaven. Like a 48 hour hug. If we'd been hit by the proverbial bus on the way home, that would have been one of the best ways imaginable to spend my last hours.


I made this! Can't wait to taste it.

The East Coast is very hot and humid in the summer. Running has been virtually impossible, mostly because there's no reason to get up before 10, and it's far too hot by then to consider running. On the plus side, there's the most amazing summer storm going on right now.

This is a good song/video. I'm just saying. Mock at will - I spent the rest of the day listening to very hip KEXP-type tunes.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home