Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Friday, April 23, 2010

Fashion Police UK


I've been on this side of the pond for almost a full six months now, and I have comments.

Inexplicably, still in fashion here: deep orange tans, excessive foundation/face powder/blush, wearing running shoes to, from, and in-between work (Working Girl, anyone?), tights in all hues, Uggs, hairbands (Gossip Girl is huge here), leggings (I know, I know, they're still in fashion on the other side of the pond too), giant pearl necklaces (clearly I should have kept this), and wearing next to nothing in freezing temperatures. Also, not wearing clothes that fit in a nation that is, well, more comfortable with its average size than you'll find in major US cities. It's not pretty.

What I remember from NYC: loads of necklaces, aforementioned leggings, scarves, scarves, scarves, trench coats for spring (see below), artfully messy updos

I don't remember: skirts that emphasize the hips - is this the return of the pouf skirt?, far more skirts than pants, actually, and skirts far, far too short for things like sitting down, bending over, etc. Also deep, deep side parts in long, flowing hair, and polka dot trench coats everywhere.

I'm just saying.

I'm off to a wedding near Edinburgh this weekend. Wish me (fashion) luck?

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • I'm amazed by how many people are still into the savage tan! WTF.

    By Blogger WendyB, at 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home