Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Monday, February 23, 2009

Oscar Fashion 2009

Briefly:

I hated Miley's dress, and what is she doing at the Oscars anyway, ABC/Disney? I didn't love Kate, nor Beyonce. Penelope was fine, SJP was good, until the camera angle changed, and then it was just too much. I thought Natalie Portman was channeling Barbie, Freida Pinto's dress would have been better without the lifeline across her right shoulder, and Viola Davis was just too much. Tilda Swinton was dramatic, but awful. Angelina, Robin Wright Penn were beautiful, but boring. And can we discuss the usually age appropriate and elegant Sophia Loren, who was not a peach, although swathed in the colour?

I wanted to like Jessica Biel, but the dress part of the dress didn't fit.

Good dresses included those worn by Marissa Tomei, Taraji Henson, and Jennifer Aniston (who was California Barbie to AJ's Elvira). Anne Hathaway's dress was good, but it did not fit. Amy Adams' dress was fine, but the marble necklace was too much.

(Links fixed!)

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • Loved Marisa Tomei's dress!

    By Blogger WendyB, at 2:42 AM  

  • you must really love those nude peep-toes! Everyone of your links goes there. :)

    By Blogger Pavlina, at 7:40 AM  

  • Links fixed - thank you!

    By Blogger fabulous girl, at 9:03 AM  

  • I actually loved Amy Adams' hair, make-up, and necklace, but would have put them with a different dress....

    Easy to be picky when I'll never get to walk the red carpet myself!

    - Delacey

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:27 AM  

  • Loved Marisa Tomei's, liked Natalie Portman's and would have loved it in a different color (she was channeling Audrey to me), hated Beyonce and Sophia's. Agree completely on Miley on both counts, didn't like the overlay on Penelope's, and though SJP looked like her breasts were trying to escape via her armpits. I liked Kate's and loved Angelina's jewelry, but my favorite by far was Taraji Henson...and I usually actively dislike Cavalli.

    By Blogger BS, at 12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home