Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Shuesday: Crocalicious

Ella showed me a picture online of the clog things. The Caymans have an ankle strap and air holes for ventilation. The shoes looked like some weird cross between a rubberized swim sandal and nurses' clogs, if nurses went in for hey-ma-look-at-me colors instead of a soothing white.

I found the NYT Style article about these long before the recent alligator attacks in Florida - if you're wearing these shoes, it's no wonder you're under attack. I understand that there are people who spend all day on their feet - nurses, LMT's, teachers - but I don't think we're doing ourselves any favours by pretending they're fashionable. Ditto Dansko clogs - it's the reverse of the 1980's running shoes on the Staten Island Ferry rule. Wear these shoes ONLY at work, and change into these to go home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home