Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Thursday, April 06, 2006

This is my dance space ...

So I'm not the only one who has the issue with the kissing. I never kiss when meeting someone for the first time, (unless they're someone's older, European parents), and certainly not a colleague. But that could be my WASPy, Canadian reserve (although when Americans do it, it seems so faux ...).

Where I run into the awkward is between those who kiss once (right cheek to right cheek) and those who start on the right and then go for a second kiss to the other side. This is where the potential for lip-lock occurs.

I'm learning to anticipate this with those over 50. It's the under 50 set, those kids of Europeans are SO unpredictable! Although far better to accidentally kiss than their parents ...

2 Comments:

  • I think we had some issues with this on a couple of occasions, wavering between single, double and even (god forbid) triple! It can be so hard to know which to expect...

    I do think it's a nice greeting though and I miss it from when I lived in Europe. But it does often feel awkward and forced, I find, when introduced in the US. I wouldn't object if it caught on though...

    By Blogger Colin, at 10:19 PM  

  • I think it's OK between Canadians and Scots ... so much common blood already ... or does that make it like kissing cousins? EWW!

    Triple just seems completely over the top, on any scale. Maybe someone just needs to take charge, like leading on the dance floor. Which I'm learning to let other people do ...

    By Blogger fabulous girl, at 11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home