Fabulous Girl's Boudoir

Sunday, November 13, 2005

More reasons to heart Samantha Bee

Featured today in Sunday Styles, Ms. Bee & husband Jason Jones have
lived in New York for two years, and they love all things Manhattan, except brunch. It's not clear what's wrong with brunch, but Mr. Jones takes off on a complicated explanation of back bacon, which is apparently what Americans mean when they say Canadian bacon, but is not in fact the real Canadian bacon which is actually peameal bacon.

Ms. Bee is a foodie, and, according to her husband, an excellent cook. "I'm so good at making pie, I should go into business," she announced. They conceded that the brunch at Le Parker Meridien hotel is quite good, though they haven't tried the $1,000 omelet.


Any woman who knows her bacon is welcome in the home of the FG.

6 Comments:

  • Funny you should mention bacon - I was just reading an interesting article about artisan bacon in the Atlantic Monthly. I think we should have a bacon-tasting party and try out some of the different artisan bacons.

    Or... maybe that wouldn't appeal to you, now that I think about it.

    By Blogger Colin, at 5:41 PM  

  • Colin, OMG (your thought is deserving of the acronym), we should definitely have a bacon-tasting party. (Sadly, I can't read the whole article, because I'm not an Atlantic subscriber.)

    And the party could feature different kinds of fake bacon for the FG to taste!

    By Blogger UW Nutrition, at 8:56 PM  

  • Yay! I earned an acronym!

    I can lend you the article (I have a hard copy of the magazine). It also talks about matching a good Shiraz with bacon.

    We should plan this event. I suppose first off we should figure out where to get the bacon and which types to get. If we have to mail-order stuff it may take a little while.

    By Blogger Colin, at 8:05 AM  

  • You never know where people will take things, do you? Mail order bacon? I didn't even see this article (www.nytimes.com/2005/11/09/dining/09cure.html) before I posted. I bet Nate would get excited about DIY bacon, served with homebrew.

    By Blogger fabulous girl, at 10:40 AM  

  • Well, I suppose we'll just have to have some homemade bacon as part of the tasting extravaganza also. This sounds like such a great idea. :)

    By Blogger Colin, at 10:51 AM  

  • This recipe looks SO easy!

    Let's do it! (Although, what with all the beer, there's not a ton of space in our fridge...)

    By Blogger UW Nutrition, at 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home